Application area: Houston, TX
- Purchase the requirements of assigned products at the lowest long-term cost for the quantity, quality and delivery required. Be creative in developing cost savings opportunities and in selecting new sources.
- EBI buyers are required to evaluate supplier reliability while developing new sources of supply when existing suppliers are inadequate. Solicits bids and quotes, reviews and negotiates purchase contacts; also, manages / executes MRP requirements and expedites past due orders.
- Responsible for assisting PM with negotiating sub-contracting and component sourcing (mechanical seals, systems, castings), using our methods and procedures, and while meeting cost, deadline and quality requirements.
- Handle the day-to-day management of the various suppliers and be responsible for sourcing. Must have sourcing training, solid technical experience and be well organized to perform multitasking.
- Must provide strong technical interface support as a liaison of communication between customer service, management, production, engineering, internal and external customers while facilitating all facets of supply activity between division business units and their suppliers.
- Implement sourcing strategies to support Purchasing Managers corporate and divisional objectives.
- Negotiate and facilitate mutually beneficial long-term contract partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback on cost, quality, and delivery performance.
- Understand, track, and forecast the key cost drivers and market factors for assigned commodities.
- Utilize Continuous improvements to optimize supplier performance, innovations, obsolescence and reduction in total cost of ownership
- Review, price, update, and build inventory stock orders with forecasting and MRP tools while managing consignment inventories.
- Perform historical research to assist production & Customer service source correct mechanical seal components.
- Resolve A/P and vendor payable issues.
- 5+ years buying experience procuring components and materials for mechanical seal manufacturing process
- Excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills; SAP experience a must
- Experience utilizing continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process
- Cross-functional business team environment experience preferred
- Must be a fluent computer power user; strong SAP knowledge of MRP, RFQ, requisitioning, and approval workflow. Additionally, must be proficient in Microsoft Windows including programs such as Word and Excel, PowerPoint.
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
How to apply:
- Human Resources Specialist: Tipfenie Johnson
- Phone: 713-485-7635